Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oh Fiddle-dee-dee.

I hate hormones. Really. I detest them. And now that I'm getting older, I'm feeling more like a teen again. You know that age when the hormones kick in and you have horrible mood swings, and you feel like you can't do anything right, and you go from crazy angry to crying jags that last for hours? The kinds of hormones that convince you that something that was said in jest was really said to hurt your feelings? Yeah. Those kind of hormones.

I hate that raging hormones like this make me feel like I've lost total control over my life. I hate that they make me doubt myself and hate myself. I hate that they make me cry. I rarely cry. I hate that they make me feel so vulnerable and exposed. I hate that they make me doubt others and their feelings toward me.

I cannot wait for this decade of my life to be finished. At least this part of it! The rest of it can go slowly. The hormones have my permission to high tail it out of here and NOW!

So. I'm feeling a little better today. Went to the newlyweds' house and finished putting the red gingham shelf paper in the upper cabinets. I'll do the drawers tomorrow, and they get to do the bottom cabinets. My back can't handle getting down that low. Actually, I can get down that low, but I can't guarantee getting back up again.

In the famous words of Scarlett O'Hara...

"Tomorrow is another day."

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I have lots of advice for alternative treatments for hormone therapy. Let me know if you want my 2 cents. Hope you feel better.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through menopause early so I am on bio-identical hormones. Not from horses. It is a low dose (the next step is just get off completely, since it is so low) but I feel really good. It is just enough to keep me feeling pretty good but still have the occasional hot flash and night sweats.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a better day! Sometimes, I just say that "This day just needs to end!" and a new one needs to start soon! Somehow, it always does! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I remember the hormonal anxiety of teenagedom, so you totally have my sympathy if you are going through that again. But don't forget how many beautiful people love you!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)