Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Friday, April 16, 2010

One tired mother...in-law.

I am SO exhausted. What a long few days!

I'll write more about it tomorrow, probably, but I'll tease you a little about upcoming posts...

1. The wedding and details-including a sweet surprise from our daughter first thing in the morning!

2. The first surprise of the weekend for dd...my mom flying in a a surprise! It was a complete surprise!

3. The second surprise of the weekend...I attempted my first ever fondant cake for their wedding. Shoot. I think I'd only done one other layer cake in my life. So it was pretty much a first all around. All in all, I was pleased.

4. My sister's little ladybug miracle. It's pretty neat. :)

Right now...I'm beyond exhausted. I'm going to bed now, and I will write as I have time in the next few days. I'll post pictures, too. I promise. :)

3 comments:

  1. So glad it went well!!!

    Will be eager to hear more, but the best is the surprise trip from your mom :)

    Well, and the cake....

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to do a fondant cake! You will certainly have to show pictures!
    Glad things went well! Looking forward to your upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO jealous of people who can make cakes.... I'm SO happy it all went well!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)