Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ramblings

I got absolutely nothing done toward dehoarding today, but I had a lot of fun! We went shopping for last minute stuff our younger girls need to wear for the wedding. Found exactly what we were looking for, which is good.

I got the skirts they're wearing ironed tonight. Our oldest loves, loves, loves ladybugs, and she's thrilled about the skirts. They're red satin w/black polka dots and a little bit of black crinoline sticking out from the bottom of the skirt. They'll wear black blouses w/white tank tops underneath and black leggings.

Our oldest will be wearing ladybug shoes when she ties the knot. Yep. Ladybug shoes. I'll post pictures eventually. It ought to be fun!

I thought of something I'll be doing for the big day, but I won't be writing about it until after the fact. If I write about it now, she'll probably read about it, and I don't want that to happen! (So, #1, if you're reading this...you're outta luck! :D)

I'll hopefully have more to write tomorrow and will get caught up on reading the blogs I haven't had time to read today.

I've got to get up at 5:15 to get the girls ready for school.

Don't you think that time should be illegal? It's entirely too early!!

6 comments:

  1. Fun is important too! Please post photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it is illeagal, but it certainly isn't morning!Lady bugs sound so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute, ladybugs... I REALLY hope you post pictures soon!! Fun is VERY important...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering how busy you are and that you said you won't be reading blogs, I am truly thankful that you stopped by to say hi to me today.

    I can't wait to see pictures of the ladybug shoes.

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooohhhhh weddings are so exciting!!!! Can't wait to see the piccies of the fabulous ladybird outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)