Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

And so it begins...again.

Our youngest missed school today, because she was up and down all night with a stomach bug. I've got it now. It appears as though the middle daughter is getting it, too. As a result..not a lot happened around here today.

I called my friend and canceled on getting to meet her newborn twins until we're past this. I was so frustrated about having to cancel but knowing I must, that I actually dreamed about it last night. In my dream, she said she wasn't worried about it and to please come in and see the babes. Yeah. That didn't really happen. Instead, I got a "Right before Easter? Yeah. No thanks. Please keep it there. And thanks for letting me know." I appreciate a bit of sarcasm from time to time, so all was well. :)

When the time is right, I'll get to hold her little bundles of joy and breathe them in.

I did get rid of all of the old dishes and glasses today. That was nice. It's amazing how much space I freed up in the cupboards. I also went through the mugs again and got rid of 3 more. One had my name on it along with it's definition, but it also had a chip, so I chucked it. One had my husband's name and it's definition, but there's really no sense in keeping one without the other, so it went into the donation box. The last one I liked, because it had one of my favorite Bible verses on it, but I realized it (the mug, not the Bible verse) no longer made me happy, and I only want to keep things that make me happy. So it's gone, too.

I still have some arranging to do in the cupboards, but it's a start.

Not sure how much of anything I'll get done over the next few days. It will depend upon how I feel.

I won't go into detail.

Promise.


4 comments:

  1. Well, bummer to the stomach bug, but you still have cleared cabinets!

    Hope you are ALL feeling better soon!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy! another bug! Well that is spring ,I swear as a kid I always got sick for the holidays! Mumps at easter ,Chicken pox at Christmas etc . Hope you are all better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about the stomach bug! I hope it clears up soon!

    Good for you for giving away your mugs! I know it is not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Girl! I hope you all feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)