Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

A day of rest.

My tooth was feeling better when I woke this morning, but my body protested. Loudly. When prescription strength ibuprofen didn't do anything to curb the pain, I allowed myself a prescription pain med.

It took care of the pain, but it also made me extremely tired and nauseous. So my wonderful husband took the girls with him on some errands, and I crawled into bed. I slept hard and deep, and I felt much better when I awoke. However, I still am not at 100%.

I still have some deep cleaning/scrubbing to do at the newlyweds new house, but I decided to stay home today and give my body a break. I'll go over tomorrow and try and finish up while the kids are in school.

Aside from a really nice nap and a couple loads of laundry I did nothing today.

And I'm okay with that. :)

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing! Glad you are feeling a little better :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're okay with not slaving, as your past few days/weeks have been more than a little chaotic!!!

    Hope your tooth is better!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, you certainly deserved a break. Sometimes, our bodies know that before our brains do! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy ! sure hoppe you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)