Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Hope.

Very, very thankful that our middle daughter has not had a meltdown with her dad being gone. Considering that twice earlier in the week she almost melted before school, this is huge. It is just a huge breakthrough, and I believe it has to do with an antioxidant we've started her on about a week ago.

Normally when she starts to ramp up into a meltdown she gets to a point where she can't stop. Both times this week she's gotten to *that* point, but she's been able to pull herself out of it. And it seems that she has at least one meltdown monthly that is uncontrolled. I know hormones are involved, but the Theanine really seems to make a difference, and I'm so grateful that my friend told me about it.

I am going to start taking it myself as well, as it has immunity boosting properties. Besides that, it helps destress a person, and it's like fibromyalgia feeds on stress. I figure I'll know how it helps me in another week or two. My friend has noticed that she has less body pain after having been on the Theanine for awhile. That sounds wonderful.

I'm hopeful.




5 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this - i will have to go and have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - that's awesome! Hopefully it'll do as good of wonders for you as it did for your daughter. And for her to be able to pull herself out of being that far gone in a meltdown is phenomenal - that would make life so much better for you and her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that's a great tip. I may have to give that a try for my daughter. We have lots of meltdowns here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you and the girls are continuing to have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip - am off to raed up on theanine ... looks interesting

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)