Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hard to say goodbye.

I'm exhausted tonight. I think my body is finally letting go of stress I've apparently been carrying the last week or two.

Took Mom to the airport this morning. The younger girls and I were able to get gate passes to help Mom to the gate, so we were able to hang out with her until she left. We stayed and watched the airplane taxi down the runway, but the windows weren't facing the right direction for us to see the plane take flight.

Our middle daughter was somehow able to hold herself together, but she lost it a few times before we left the house. I'm not sure, but I think the 4 hour nap yesterday was her way of avoiding the thought of her Gramma going home, because she did have a couple of mini-meltdowns yesterday.

Just got off the phone. Mom made it home safe and sound. I'm glad. Now I feel like I'll be able to sleep.

I'm totally wiped tonight. I'll put some thought into a better post for tomorrow.

Promise. ;o)

2 comments:

  1. Aww it is so sad to say goodbye! How wonderful that she could spend this exciting time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get some rest . glad your mom made it home safely

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)