Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Incoherent ramblings of the stomach bug kind.

Lost my entire post just now. I didn't need that tonight.

Long story summed up as short as I can manage tonight.

I don't feel well today. Got sick from the heat, but it could be a 24 hour bug. I don't think I was in the heat long enough to have gotten sick from it, so I think it's something else. Besides. It wasn't even that hot when I was outside. It was only in the low 80s. It felt like it was 100° to me, but it really wasn't all that bad. The air conditioners did a wonderful job keeping the house comfortable today. They didn't kick the breaker off at all, so we're very, very thankful we replaced the breaker box/circuit panel when we did. The rest of the week is supposed to be hot, hot, hot!

Last week the key lock on our car door disappeared almost all the way inside the car door. We've never had this happen on a car before in our lives, but the same thing happened to our daughter a year or two ago. Strangest thing. It just wasn't tightened down enough at the factory, and the lock came loose and disappeared. So my husband decided to try and fix it before he left for work.

The car door panel is still taken apart tonight. It's sitting in the back of the car waiting patiently to be re-affixed. So I was out trying to help him a little with it, and the heat really got to me. I was only outside a total of about 15 minutes. And while I'm fair skinned enough that I have been known to sunburn that quickly, it's odd for me to feel sick from 15 minutes of 80° weather.

But it really affected me emotionally. I was in total despair over the house and all that has to be done. I was totally overwhelmed just wondering how I would ever be able to get anything done this summer at all. It's the first I've really felt despair since I realized I was a hoarder back in January when I started this journey. It was disconcerting and depressing both.

Then I realized that I haven't taken my medicines and vitamins every day since we got back from vacation a week ago. I've taken some religiously. Others have been very hit and miss, though. And the hit and miss ones definitely affect my outlook when they're missed. So I'm writing a note to make sure I get all my medicines and vitamins ready for the week and remember to take them every day. They're just so much easier to be on top of when I'm feeling well, and they help me feel well, so it's imperative I get back on my schedule with them.

I didn't get much of anything done with the way that I was feeling today. I've had chills off and on all day. I forced myself to get as busy as I could, and I did at least get 3 loads of laundry done. So the day wasn't a complete waste.

If this is a stomach bug of some sort that made me feel so sensitive to the heat this morning, then I'm sure I'm not alone with it. It would go far to explain why Hopper has been so incredibly emotional. She was much better today than she was yesterday, so that was good. We haven't missed any of her meds at all. Even the night I wondered if the hubster had given her the Theanine he had, so I'm sure it has to do with some sort of a stomach bug.

So I'm off to bed now hoping I can get some decent sleep and feel better when I wake up in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. I have been DYING of heat the past couple of days. Blech

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't take much to get run down in the heat , and with the AC being on the fritz it might have affected you more than you know. MAybe try a gatorade or whatever kind of electrolyte beverage you like .Working hard in the heat you loose water and can get imbalanced its a good idea to have one once in a while

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pssst! Over there... on the sidebar. Where you started a list of things you've accomplished... NONE of those things had been done when you began this journey. And the traveling you're doing isn't all done by clearing physical clutter.

    You will feel better. And you can get back to it. Simple as that.

    ((Love.))

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)