Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Friday, July 23, 2010

I don't like delays.

I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow. I just know that Scooter and I will feel better and be back up to speed. I want desperately to get the porch finished or as close to it as possible.

We had to postpone Frank coming over today to help, because of some sort of stomach bug that hit. We're hoping we'll be able to have him over tomorrow, so we can make some major progress.

I don't like days like today, where I can't make any headway on the whole dehoarding situation. I think it's one reason I push myself on days when I can. I so want to get this done, but my body betrays me, and I'm not able to go full force every day. So I feel like I've got to get as much as I absolutely can handle done on days that I feel well enough to work on things.

I feel a real pressure to get as much done as I can in the next two weeks. I have a minor surgical procedure coming up, but it will waylay my progress for awhile. It's nothing major, but I won't be able to do certain things, so my progress will slow considerably for awhile. I'll try to take that time to catch up on some sewing projects or paperwork or something light.

I just want to get as much done as I can before then.

4 comments:

  1. I can understand wanting to get as much done as possible when feeling good. With fibro you never know when you're going to have a good day or a bad day!

    Didn't know about the small surgery. Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to be bossy here but, "getting as much done as you CAN" means listening to your body a little and not pushing yourself to exhaustion. You have done wonderful work so far , and you will get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow and steady will overcome the race. It didn't get like that overnight, and it won't be "fixed" overnight either. Kudos on what you can do, and don't sweat the rest for now -J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you. Be kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)