Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I need a swift kick in the pants.

I'm plumb worn out tonight. Not sure exactly why, but I'm hoping tomorrow dawns with a bit me a bit more energized. Tried to take a small nap today, but I made the mistake of having Scooter lie down at the same time. I don't think more than 2 minutes went by without her hitting me or poking me to show her displeasure at having to attempt a nap.

I do have to say that I'm thrilled beyond thrilled that the electrician got the new breaker box/electrical panel installed today. It's huge compared to the old one-2 to 3 times the size. So it's got plenty of room for more breakers to be installed, if we need them, and it's got plenty of breathing room to help keep things cooler in there. Now I'm almost anxious for Friday, since it's going to be warmer, and we can see how the air conditioners work. Mostly though, I'm just anxious for Friday, because it means I can sleep in a little, because I won't have to get up for anything.

The service techs will be here in the morning to clean the air conditioners. I'm hoping they don't take too long. Then I have to go to the dentist and get my permanent crowns put on. They said it should take about half an hour. I lost one of my temporary crowns while I was on vacation, so I'm sort of looking forward to having something that looks more like a tooth when I smile instead of looking like I have a really short peg leg in my mouth.

I'm going to bed now, so I can some sleep. I just need to reboot.

3 comments:

  1. You need rest? what? Of course you do .with all you have been doing and fighting the heat as well,its OK to cut yourself some slack now and then.New tooth and working AC after a good nights sleep you will be a new woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at the dentist! I like your peg-leg comment! Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ::kick::

    ouch... maybe not such a good idea, I actually do have a peg leg right now.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)