Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A bit of a lazy day.

I didn't get a lot done today. Had a pinched nerve between my shoulder blades all last night and most of the day today that caused a lot of pain in my left arm. A pain pill and muscle relaxants helped, but I can still feel it wanting to rear it's ugly head again. I think it's from sleeping wrong. My hair is too long again, and this sort of thing always happens when my hair gets caught between my shoulders and my pillow. Time for a haircut.

After getting the girls showered this afternoon, we went back to school shopping for clothes. We'd gotten a coupon for 30% off everything in the store, including sales and clearance merchandise, so we made good use of the coupon. The girls are set for the most part for school to start. New leggings (as low as $2!), skirts (as low as $3) and dresses (as low as $4.50) for Scooter and new jeans and t-shirts for Hopper.

It's too much to have Scooter try her clothes on at the store, so I paid for them knowing that I might have to return a few things. Thankfully, I only have to return 3. Everything else fit. I know they have a bigger size in the one shirt that I want to exchange, but the others were the last on the rack. That's okay. She made out like a bandit and is quite pleased.

Hopper is thrilled with her new clothes, too. She's always been so easy to shop for. She's a t-shirts and jeans sorta girl. She doesn't like dresses at all, but she did wear a red skirt with black dots on it and leggings for Bugster and Bubster's wedding. She was willing to dress up for that, because she knew it was special, but I think for the most part she just feels like dressing up brings unwanted attention.

I'm happy that we got most of the school shopping done already. It's nice to get it out of the way. I'm looking forward to hopefully working out on the porch again tomorrow. I will on Friday and Saturday for sure. Frank will be coming over to make a little money and help out. It would be so awesome, if we could get the porch cleaned off completely by the end of the weekend.

I'm looking forward to getting back out there again...

3 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better! I love getting a new deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please feel better soon, so you can get things done. I know how good that feels, I'm doing that today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun and totally successful shopping trip! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)