Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Got time for a quickie?

That's all the time I have.

Just posting to say I'm still here. Very, very tired, but still here.

Had the birthday party over at Bugster and Bubster's house. It was a lot of fun. Tried to make homemade ice cream, but something wasn't working right. Think it might have been some cookies in the freezer bogging it down. Thought we'd crushed them small enough that they'd go through, but when we took the baffle out, they were sort of stuck in it. So we never had ice cream. It went back into the fridge for the kids to try again tomorrow.

We did have chocolate cake in the shape of a butterfly for Scooter's birthday. She was so excited about the butterfly things she got for her birthday. That and her Hannah Montana DVD, bracelets and necklaces she got. She made out like a bandit and was so happy! It did our hearts good to see her like that.

We didn't get back home until 11:30 tonight, so it was a long day. We were thrilled to find that the cabinet and a pair of sawhorses were picked up by my friend. It's nice to know that's just a little more out of here. It's slow, but somewhat steady progress we're making. It's good enough for me.

Now I'm off to sit on my heating pad before crawling to bed.

I'll be back tomorrow-hopefully with a report that I got something done.

2 comments:

  1. I know I always end up saying some silly thing like, "I want the food you mentioned!!" But I am DYING for some cake and ice cream right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made homemade ice cream ,sounds yummy ,hope they get it going today

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)