Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A day of updates.

I felt quite a bit better today, but I still didn't get much done. I did actually get to take a nap which was nice, since I didn't get to bed as early as I'd hoped last night.

This morning when I went out to water the the umbrella garden, I felt a bit off from the heat again, but it didn't affect me as strongly as yesterday. I did wear a hat when I went out today, though, so I'm not sure if that made a big difference or not. Then this evening, when it was about the same temperature outside as it was this morning, I went out and wasn't bothered by it at all. So I'm really leaning toward it being a stomach thing rather than the heat. Although, I suppose it could be the direct sunlight and the hat really did help.

I just hope it clears up soon, whatever it is. We've got to get that pod on the driveway unloaded. Speaking of the pod, the code enforcement officer drove by yesterday. She called my husband, but he isn't used to his new phone, and it was silenced, so he missed it. Anyway, she said that we still hadn't gotten the pod moved back (she originally told him we didn't really have to, since we'd be getting it cleaned out), and that he needed to get rid of the branches beside it. He'd forgotten that he'd put the small trees he cut down before we went on vacation on the side of the pod. :::sigh::: And she mentioned that she'd given us until the 15th of June to get the original issues under control.

Huh? Nope. She gave us until the end of July. So Hubster called her back this morning only to find that he had missed her call again. She said she'd totally forgotten to write it down in her book that she'd given us until the end of July. And she wasn't too concerned about the container. It was just the elm trees he'd cut down at the side of the container. So he'll get them out of there before work tomorrow. Hopefully, they're not too dry to go through the chippers. The chippers will eat them up just fine even, if they are dry, but it's much harder on the person who's feeding them into the chipper. The dry ones hurt!

I wasn't successful at stopping my consumption of soda before we left on vacation. I drank 2 cans on most days and 3 cans a couple of days. I'm down to one can a day, and I will drink it tomorrow morning. I can already tell it's making a difference for the good. The nerve pain in my legs has diminished substantially. I'm really hoping it will go altogether when I cut that last can out completely.

Best of all, there were no meltdowns today. Hopper seems to be getting back on track.

Now for the rest of us.

2 comments:

  1. I am working on cutting out soda..... Not so much haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are felling better , and the bylaw officer got her ducks in a row

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)