Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

TEST! QUIET!!

Still working on the insurance paperwork, but I'm about 75% done with it at this point. Yay! I will hopefully be completely finished by Monday, so we can turn it in.

Having hubby home today helped keep the interruptions from our middle daughter to a minimum. We explained that it's very important that I get this done, so she needed to ask her daddy, if she had any questions. She responded with, "Test? Quiet?" I thought that summed it up quite well! She knows that in school she has to be really quiet when someone's taking a test, so we went with that.

And it all went fine for the most part. However, occasionally when I was deep in thought and concentration, I'd about jump out of my skin when she'd yell, "TEST! QUIET!" It's her way of reminding herself that she needs to be quiet, but she struggles with realizing that a person must actually be quiet even when saying we should be quiet. She makes us giggle. :)

I'm thinking about taking a break for the night, watching a movie with my husband and going to bed. I'll do much better working on this after some sleep than trying to stumble my way through things tonight. Besides, rest will hopefully help me get over this latest cold/fever/sore throat a little quicker. Very thankful for prescription cold sore meds, too. I felt the tingle tonight, so I immediately got it started. Hopefully, it won't turn into much of anything.

I hear the blessed sound of the tea kettle whistle.

Hope I can find the honey...


6 comments:

  1. hahaha yelling "QUIET" is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids crack me up.

    What do you suppose she will yell when a certain package arrives from Oregon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Test! Quiet! I'm going to use that. Probably a lot more than I should.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I love that she yells "QUIET" such an oxymoron... Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is funny. :) And our girls crack us up all the time! We're very blessed!

    And Ami..she'll yell,"Woo Hoozie!" when she sees it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)