Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The sun'll come out tomorrow...

I wrote yesterday's posts on Sunday night, so it would post first thing yesterday morning. I rarely do that, but I do on occasion. However, in doing so, I didn't get to tell about what happened in the middle of the night...

The phone rang around 12:30 or so. It was my friend who was pregnant with twins. She made it to 39.5 weeks, which is absolutely incredible. She said she'd been sleeping when a mammoth contraction woke her up. She was on her way to the hospital to have her babies. I got a couple more wonderfully fun updates when her sister called me. The last call came in around 3:30 a.m. She had her two beautiful baby boys, and everyone was doing well. I think I smiled the entire time I was sleeping just thinking about them.

We got the kids up at 5:15 to get them ready and off to school, and as much as we'd have liked to get a little more rest, it didn't happen. The phone started ringing and didn't seem to stop all day long. Hubby had to call the dentist to get a same-day visit. He has an abscessed tooth. The dentist needed to know which one. It's the same one he needs a root canal on. Today, he had to call for a different antibiotic, since the one he started on Saturday doesn't seem to be working. His tooth is getting worse. He's been out of work for a couple of days with it, and it doesn't look promising that he'll be in this week at all. It's sort of illegal to drive while taking the pain medicine the dentist has him on.

In spite of the lack of sleep, I felt better yesterday than I have in a couple of weeks. The haircut definitely made a difference! I'm so very grateful for the bit of relief I've had!

Today, our youngest daughter had a doctor's appointment for her physical. She needs a physical, or she's not allowed to participate in Special Olympics. We're glad we had it done, but she was just having a really rough day. We got a referral to a dermatologist to have a mole on her leg looked at. It looks about like Mickey Mouse's head, which isn't good. We're hoping that it's just a few small moles clustered together.

When we were done with that, we had to take her to her eye appointment. She needs glasses. Not only is she due for her exam, but her glasses are literally in pieces. They were running late, because they're computers were down. So we waited for 45 minutes before she was called back. By the time the doctor came in for the exam, she was falling asleep in the chair, so we had to try to wake her up. We walked her around a bit and got her a glass of water. At this point, she was awake, but her mood had deteriorated even further.

So of course, this is when the doctor tells us that she needs to have her eyes dilated. It's not that it came as a shock. It didn't. I just wish they could have dilated them while we were in the waiting room, so we could have gotten out of there sooner! It took another 45 minutes for the drops to kick in. Once he checked out her eyes and got her prescription written up, we had to pick out glasses. Thankfully, we'd looked at them while we were waiting for her to be called back, and we knew what she was going to get. It took right at 2 hours just for the eye appointment. The glasses should hopefully be in next week.

It's just been a really long couple of days, and I've gotten nothing accomplished around the house. I've been productive, just not on the dehoarding front.

There's always tomorrow, right?

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow.

I love ya, Tomorrow.

You're always a day away.

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope your hubby gets to feeling better soon, mouth pain is the worst thing... ugh.

    Perhaps next time you visit the eye doctor (hope it's a long time away...) you can let them know ahead of time that your daughter needs to have the eyes dilated first, no matter the wait time and explain.

    They ought to try to accomodate her needs a little better.

    And which event(s) does she compete in?

    Special Olympics are is the only charity I give to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to better days ! "Let me win , but if I cannot win ,let me be brave in the attempt" I think I got that right ,I used to coach pecial Olympics ,for swimming and in the beginning of the Athlete Speakers Program . Kinda miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)