Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Halo Moon

Bugster stopped by earlier, and when she got ready to leave, she had me come outside to look at the moon. It was the coolest thing ever. The moon had a huge halo around it. It was definitely worth seeing, but the smoke from the neighboring fireplaces flared the asthma even more. I started writing a post tonight, but I can't think clearly enough to finish the post I started earlier. I'm wheezy again, tired, and going to go to bed in a few. 


I did take Scooter into the pediatrician today, since she's had a problem with a low grade fever for the last couple of months. She doesn't show huge symptoms of being sick except that she's requiring more sleep than normal. It's not unusual for her to get 9 to 12 hours of sleep. She's always done that. But lately, (in the last week or 2), she's been needing 12 to 15 hours. 


Sure enough. She has a sinus infection. The doctor figures the antibiotics she had for a sinus infection back in December just didn't take care of it completely, and it's been festering in there. We're hoping this course of antibiotics kicks knocks it down quickly. Poor kid. She's always struggled with sinus and ear infections. It has to do with the bone structure in her head. Things don't drain properly as a result, so we'll go through this from time to time.


I'm just hoping she's back to her Scooterific self again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)