Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Feeling productive.

I'm exhausted tonight but quite satisfied.


Hubster and I were able to get the small entertainment center down to the workout room/Hubby's library today. There's still a little to be done in there, but we are well over 90% done with the room. There were only 4 boxes of books that weren't sorted, because they were either my books or they belonged to the girls. I'll have to get to them eventually, but I'm okay, if it takes me awhile.


Once Bugster has a quick look-through on the books and takes out what she wants, Hubster will take care of them. I'm not sure, if he'll try to sell some of them, or if he'll just donate them. The big thing is that after being boxed up for 3 years, (almost 2 in the storage pod on the driveway, and 1 down in the workout room), the books have been sorted and Hubster will be able to get to them whenever he wants.


He was funny when we were unpacking them. He just kept getting excited over seeing a book he'd forgotten that he had. He was like a kid in a candy store with unlimited credit. It's going to take awhile to do, but he's going to write down each book he has, so he knows what's there. He said he's really looking forward to 'shopping' in his books when he wants something different to read, instead of buying something new. 


I think the most exciting part for me with the whole thing is Hubster's excitement. I'm so glad that he has access to all his books after 3 years of them being stored away. I have a small inkling whathe feels like, since I've gotten some of my craft things sorted. 


I'm looking forward to getting to the point he is with his books with my own things. It's going to take me awhile, because I don't think there's much Hubster can do to help me. He could move boxes and such, but he can't really help other than that. 


I wonder, if I can talk him into doing dishes from time to time, so I can have that extra little time to work on my stuff...

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on work well done! I can feel your enthusiasm. (((hugs)))Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books are the hardest. I sorted all the ones in my bedroom, but haven't tackled the living room. I have a huge antique armoir we call "the library". The thing is holding a thousand books! Can you tell I'm a book addict?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use goodreads.com to keep track of my books. It's great!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)