Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

what's cooler than a full bookshelf?...(title by hubster)

Two full bookshelves, of course!


I felt quite a bit better when I woke up this morning, but I'm surprised I was able to function. I ended up getting 4.5 hours of sleep, which is decidedly less than the 8 hours I need. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch up on it this week.

Scooter is doing well enough she'll be going back to school in the morning for the first time in weeks. I'm not looking forward to the 5:45 alarm going off in the morning. Why does school have to start so darned early, anyway?



Hubster and I worked on unpacking and sorting books in the workout room today. We unpacked and sorted 12 boxes of books. We have right at 2 boxes filled to donate, and the ones he's keeping are on the shelves, as we speak. We have 14 boxes left to sort through before we'll be finished. 


Hubster is thrilled, and I am, too. It's good to see him happy and excited about his books. Hopefully, we'll get them finished this week, if not by next weekend.


I'm going to go drag my sorry butt to bed. I can't stay awake. 



1 comment:

  1. WOW! The only thing cooler than a full book shelf is....one that is anchored to the wall for safety reasons. Mine are tall and will tip over if leaned on or as hubby does, steadies himself with a grip hold.
    A no-no!
    Wish I could tell you the secret of getting a good nights sleep. I'm in the " same boat." :0(
    (((Hugs)))Pat

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)