Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ouchies and bandages.

From time to time, something current reminds me of a painful part of my past, and I will likely be writing about it on my blog. Such was the case of yesterday's post. A friend's friend lost their baby this week. She was 19 weeks along. The memories of my own miscarriages came flooding back.

Much of the time when dealing with grief and loss in my life, I've pushed my feelings aside and not dealt with the feelings. And because I started this blog to try to deal with why I have fallen into hoarding, I feel like I must acknowledge my feelings in order to get past them. Obviously, ignoring the hard stuff hasn't worked so well for me.

Writing often helps me process what it is I'm feeling. It helps me move on instead of staying in the past and living in the hidden grief. I'm just muddling through the best I can.

Plus blogging is cheaper than therapy.

3 comments:

  1. That's the great thing about blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry about your friend. The thing about sharing stuff like that is you very quickly find out you are not alone ,and it can be so helpful knowing that ,while our individual pain is just that, ours , others might have some understanding of how we are feeling and can reach out with love and compassion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing is wonderful like that! I am so sorry you had a friend that lost a precious baby and that you did as well. I can't imagine anything more painful. :(

    On another (lighter) note, I wanted to let you know that I deleted my post from earlier today and put a brand new post/material in its place. I appreciated your comment, however! I just felt bad for putting old stuff in a new spot...

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)