Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Keep it simple, stupid.

So. This is it.

I am not sure, if I'll keep up with the blog every day, or if I'll take a day or two off when I need it in the next couple of weeks. I'm giving myself permission to miss a day here and there, if I need one, but I am hoping either The Hubster or Bugster will do a quick post tomorrow night, but I'm okay, if they don't.

I'm tired tonight. A bit on the chilled side, (not chilled in a sick way, but chilled in a my body's decided it's time for me to crawl under the covers for the night way), but that happens when I get tired. I've got to go shower with my special soap tonight before I can go to bed. I'd really rather just go to bed, but I'll be a good girl and shower.

I've got to pack a quick bag. I won't be taking much. My nightie. The netbook...just in case I'm feeling well enough to post. My phone. Other than that? Not much. It seems I always take way too much to the hospital and never get around to even 1/4 of what I take, so this time I'm not going to do it. If I need something from home, I'll ask my husband to bring it up with him.

If there's one thing I've learned since that cold day last January, when I learned I am a hoarder, it's that there's a lot of good to be found in the saying, "Keep it simple, stupid."

I'm learning.

I'm learning.

Hope to see y'all soon!

5 comments:

  1. I prefer to look at the KISS thoery as "Keep it simple Sweetie" No way I will believe you are stupid! good luck ,rest well, and prayers for a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    My daughter had surgery just last week. When we were packing (overpacking) for the 100 mile trip to Bigcity where the surgery would take place, my daughter commented that she wondered if our tendency to overpack was related to our hoarding tendencies. Hmmmm, interesting thought...

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck today!! I'm thinking of you already and you'll be on my mind all day! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD LUCK!! I hope it all goes well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take the time you need to recover. The blog and the house stuff can wait.

    REST.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)