Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Asleep at the keyboard again.

I ache tonight, but it's worth every single twinge of pain I feel!

Well. Maybe it's not completely worth losing the table saw today but pretty darn close.

Yep. I caused the motor on the table saw to seize up. It's dead. I was cutting a piece of wood, and it got caught, and I took too long to pull the wood out or shut the saw off, and it just stopped. Seized up. And a small waft of black smoke drifted across the porch. I tried to turn it on several times after that, but there was nothing but the click of the switch. I doubt I'll be able to get the motor fixed or replaced cheaply enough to justify it. I mean, if it costs almost as much to replace/fix the motor as it would to buy a new one with a warranty or more than a used one, then it really doesn't make sense. Thankfully, we didn't pay anything for the saw, and we got several year of use out of it before it went belly up. We'll put it with the metal recycling we have, if it's beyond repair.

But the good news of the day?

Hopper had an incredibly good day at school. It's the first time this week she's not been stressed out at school. We gave her a second Theanine this morning before school. It helped her have a normal day. The poor little thing. I can't imagine walking around in a state of anxiety all day long, day after day with my heart racing, my palms sweating and not being able to think of anything but what was making me nervous. It has to be completely awful. We'll be giving her a second Theanine daily until I get home from the hospital and am feeling substantially better. I hate to see her suffer over things like this that just can't be helped.

The other good news? Yeah. K came over again today. We worked 8 hours straight and got lots done. The shelves for the cubbies under the stairs and the cubbies for over the stove and refrigerator have all been primed to paint tomorrow. I did some sanding on the doorways down stairs, and got the first of 2 coats of paint on them to finish them up. And K got the workout room almost completely caulked. We were busy.

And tonight I'm tired. I keep falling asleep as I'm writing. I suppose that means I need to just hit "publish" and go to bed.

We have another long day planned for tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. yay for Hopper! too bad about the saw but it sounds like you are getting a lot done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should make K dinner. :) I also think maybe I need some of what Hopper's on lately...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, just hit publish and go to bed woman! YOu never stop!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)