Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Of pinatas and electricians.

The electrician made it by today. The outlets are installed, but they're not 'hot' just yet. He couldn't hook them up to the electrical panel, because our panel is so outdated that you can't just find a replacement breaker for them anywhere. He has to try to find one on Monday. Thankfully, it's still supposed to be nice and cool on Monday.

The outlets look really nice, even though they had to be put up by the windows, instead of down below like typical outlets are. If they weren't being installed on an outside wall, it would be no big deal, but it would have been a lot more work to have them lower than it was worth, so we'll just deal with it. And like I said. They look nice. And it's going to be super nice to have the air conditioners each on their own dedicated outlet, so they're not popping the breaker every few minutes when it gets hot out!

I finished my meese today! Well, except that I can't post pictures just yet, because I do still have to finish the groom's hat. But it turned out really cute. I think they'll like it. It's full of 7.5 pounds of candy, and it feels like it weighs about 30 pounds tonight. Amazing how heavy things feel when you're tired.


I did etch a cookie jar for Mom's upcoming birthday. It's a 2.5 gallon clear glass canister. It's hard to see in this picture, but there are two ladybugs below the flower*. I'll be doing what I can to bake a bunch of cookies to fill it.

First on the agenda are Spice Drop Cookies. We always had them at Christmas time when we were little. There's something so good about biting into that chewy spice drop goodness in the middle of a cookie. The spice drops have already been sliced and are just waiting to be used.


This gives a bit better view of the ladybugs. It's funny how silver the etching looks in the pictures, because it's not silver at all. Just etched glass.

I realized my great need for bifocals while trying to cut the pattern out for this design. Getting old just isn't all it's cracked up to be. Not that I'd like to be getting younger. There are just certain years I'd never like to live over again. Life just seems to get better and better!

I've got to go to bed. I have to bake tomorrow. And hopefully make caramels that are to die for. It's going to be another really long day, but it will be good.

*Now for the small print. Please do not copy, reprint or reproduce this design in any way, shape, or form, as it is my own personal design, and I'd really rather not see it anywhere else. Thanks!




4 comments:

  1. The cookie jar is adorable! The etching does look silvery, weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I really like the cookie jar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the cookie jar - and I promise, promise, promise not to try and recreate it... because I am bloody useless and nowhere near as clever ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so so cute, LOVE it! What a great present!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)