Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

When wetting your pants isn't enough.

I'm so irritated! I'm in the right frame of mind to work today and get things done, but my body isn't letting me. This bronchitis is brutal. If I'm no better tomorrow, I'll be calling the doctor. She said to call, if it was affecting my breathing. I think hacking up a lung qualifies, right? I wish I was talented enough just to hack up the asthmatic portions of my lungs. Yeah! That's the ticket!

Today hasn't been a complete waste. It's been close as far as accomplishing anything, but... I did fill a few holes this morning in the crown moulding and I did a couple loads of laundry, but that was all I could handle. If I try to push through it and keep going, I know I'll end up even sicker. UGH! I don't dare sort through paperwork because of the dust. That would just make it worse. So I'm off to hunker down under the heated throw with a cup of hot chocolate or some herbal tea.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get something done tomorrow!

3 comments:

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)