Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Did you see any ruby red slippers?

It's been windy here today. Seriously windy. I saw Dorothy and Toto fly by at one point. Toto was more scared than Dorothy, though. I think it's because nobody was steering the bicycle. I even saw the remnants of the Scarecrow in the front yard. He didn't look so good. I'm fairly certain I heard parts of the Tin Man hit the side of the neighbor's house. I suppose it could have been trash cans, but does anyone even use tin cans anymore? That's what I thought. It was him!

I was thrilled when I woke up yesterday, and my wrist no longer hurt. I'd worked so hard on the project that I was really hurting when I was done. I'd taken ibuprofen but nothing else for the pain. Actually, I did take half a muscle relaxant, but they don't always help with the pain. I think the thing that helped the most was the supplement I took after I showered. 

It was a creatine supplement, and it's supposed to help rebuild muscles after a workout. They, whoever 'they' are, are finding that it is helping those with fibromyalgia recover from the muscle pain they get after straining their muscles. It tasted horrible. It was a super sweet fruit stuff to be mixed with water. It reminded me of those horrid sweet drinks I had to drink when I was pregnant to test whether or not I had gestational diabetes. I gagged on them, too. 

Still, it helped. I was quite surprised when I woke up with the least amount of pain I've had in years. Seriously. Years. I will be keeping the supplement around to use when I overdo it, but I think I'll also be getting some capsules, so I don't get sick to my stomach from the sweet gunk. I am so encouraged by this, I just can't tell you!

'Cause if I told you, I'd have to kill you, dontcha know?

2 comments:

  1. I can tell it made you feel better, because now you're talking all frisky like. :)

    And yes, the wind... dropped our 45 degree day into the teens yesterday.

    Yippee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad your wrist is better. Keep your hair on in that wind

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)