Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

What extra hour of sleep? Ha.

Another exhausting but wonderful day. It's just so hard to rest when Mom's around. I so rarely get to see her that it's hard not to want to spend every waking moment with her when we're together. It's like that with the girls, too. So they were exhausted when they went bed tonight.

Mom took a quick tour of what we've accomplished since she was here in April, and although there is still so much to do, she is very impressed with what we've done so far. It's reassuring to us to hear that she sees the progress we've made and that it's not just something we've imagined.

We need to run to the airport with her carry on luggage tomorrow to see, if it will fit in/through the thing they use to measure carry on luggage at the airports. The piece she's using might be an inch or two too large, so we need to make sure, before she gets up to the airport on Tuesday. I'd hate to see it have to be checked at the last minute, because it was too big. Once we get that done, we'll get to enjoy some time visiting, or...well...doing something else.

In the meantime, I need to go to bed. I don't want to be so tired I don't get to enjoy the time I have with Mom and the girls!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are having a nice time with your mom .She sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)