Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

A recent conversation...

The Hubster and I were working downstairs a few weekends ago. Our hands were full, and we needed Hopper's help. We just needed her to grab the tube of wood putty on the table out on the porch. It looked like a tube of toothpaste. . .

Me: Hopper, can you go get the thing on the table on the porch that looks like a tube of toothpaste? We need it for something down here. It looks like a tube of toothpaste.

Hopper: Blood?

Me: No. Not blood. It looks like a tube of toothpaste. It has an orange lid. On the table on the porch. It looks like a tube of toothpaste.

Hopper: Blood?

Me: No. We need the thing that looks like a tube of toothpaste. Has an orange lid.

Hopper: Blood?

Me. No. Not blood.

Hopper: BUGS?

Me: Nope. Not bugs. It still looks like a tube of toothpaste.

Life in the Closet is never dull. Confusing sometimes, but never dull. :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like conversations we have with Matty! Isn't it interesting how words can get so mixed up in their minds?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly , that could have been a cionversation with my hubby some days (lol) he sometimes looks at me like I am speaking a whole other language

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)