Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Running on empty.

I've had such a hard time staying awake today. I didn't sleep well last night at all. Woke up a few times with a headache or an aching neck.

I feel like I've gotten nothing accomplished today at all. I've done some laundry and worked for a bit on the bookcase. I was going to do the last coat of paint on the cubbies that go above the stove and refrigerator today that I skipped doing this weekend, but it was cool enough my back couldn't handle it, so I'll finish it up tomorrow. Hopefully.

The last couple of days have made me glad I'm going in for surgery. I'm trying really hard not to get down about it, but darn I hate having to go up in pain medicines to get through the day. If I was given the option of having a hysterectomy today, I think I'd take them up on the offer. The way it is, I'll wait impatiently for the next month to pass and keep the Percocet handy.

I'm going to try to get some sleep tonight. Drug induced sleep, but I'll take it.

It will keep me from trying to do the surgery myself.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! thats ounds so rotten! hope you get some good days this next month and recover well from your surgery

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)