Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Scooter update.

Got a call at 10:35 Sunday night from the emergency room. Apparently, the blood culture they'd taken on Sunday when Scooter went in by ambulance to the hospital started growing something. We needed to bring Scooter back to the ER immediately.


Since she's been in, she's been on round the clock IV antibiotics. We still don't have the results for either the type of bacteria that is in her blood nor for the echocardiogram, which will determine whether or not she has an infection in her heart valves. Hoping to get answers to both of these today. Answers will help determine when she gets to come home.


She's doing quite a bit better, but she's getting sick of the hospital, the poor thing. 


Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They mean the world to me.


I'll be back soon.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear she's feeling better. I hope you get your answers and that the doctors can fix her up!! ((HUG)) Just hang in there. - we're with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take care of yourself.
    We'll be here when Scooter is better and you can take a breather and visit with us.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)