Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'll leave that to my husband from now on.

It sounds as though things went well for the girls at school today, which is always a relief. Got the list of supplies, and I have to admit that I always get a little irritated when the lists come home.

Because the girls are learning basic living skills, they need hygiene products at school. That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that their deodorant, toothbrushes and toothpaste came home unopened last year. I'm assuming they didn't use their brushes to brush their hair, either. And while I understand that things get busy, I don't understand how they could all come home unused.

And I'm not sure what I'm going to do as far as Hopper's list. The new teacher wants 6 washcloths for daily use plus an extra one for when they have P.E. I'm sure it's so they use a new one each and every day, but I still don't see the need for that many washcloths. I think it's ridiculous. Yet, if I say anything about it, I don't think it will exactly set a positive tone for the rest of the school year. Teachers seem to get so defensive over questions, and while I understand that to a certain degree, I think the parents have a right to know why 7 washcloths are necessary when it seems as though 2 or 3 would be sufficient.

Oh well. It's not worth stressing over, I suppose.

I messed my neck and upper back up yesterday trying to start the lawn mower. I never did get the stupid thing to work, yet I'm paying for even trying today. Last night, Hubster tried rubbing my neck and shoulders to get it to loosen up a bit. It didn't. Instead, I had sharp shooting pains travel at a rather quick pace down my left arm. They stopped as soon as he stopped, but not before I tensed up and made things even worse.

As a result, I haven't accomplished nearly as much as I'd wanted either yesterday or today. I've done some laundry and dishes and a little painting on one of my projects, but that's about it. I'm really hoping tomorrow brings relaxed neck muscles and a bit more energy than I've had today.

Heck. I'm just going to count on it happening. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Stop hurting yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful!! I mowed the lawn on Saturday for my husband and the motion of starting the lawn mower irritated my pinched nerve that has been quiet for a few weeks......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only one who thinks this school supply list is weird? And the basic living skills? What?
    Anyway, be good to your body. If it gets worse, see an ortho guy, ok? Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a riding mower. Love it! But it gets hot in FL and mowing a 1/2 acre lot at high temps and humidity requires it at our age.

    I am glad that the first day of school went well!

    Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)