Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Better than UGH.

I looked for an hour or so for the tickets/gift certificates this morning, but I couldn't find them to save my life.

Thankfully, my life was not on the line.

I called the chuckwagon place, and the woman who answered assured me she would do everything she could to help me. So I explained the situation. She then told me it was her first day on the job. Ha. Still. She was exceptionally sweet and really wanted to help. So she took all the info I could give her on the gift certificates and my phone number and promised to call me back. The phone rang less than 10 minutes later.

The gentleman who called was very nice. I quickly explained the situation and asked, if there was any way they could check to verify to see that I wasn't lying. He laughed. He said he had the all the information verified already and that new gift certificates would be mailed out. I could expect them in a day or two.

Whew. What a relief.

Haven't started on the insurance paperwork again. My head's not in it just yet.

I did pull a lot of threads, though. I will eventually be making several skirts with the strips I'm working on. It's at least something I can do when I can't do much of anything physical. I should be finished up with pulling threads soon. Then I can start piecing the skirts together, and I'm really looking forward to it.

I got several loads of laundry done today, so I guess it wasn't a complete waste of a day. I have to admit, though, that I'm looking forward to next week. I should be no longer be feeling lousy from the antibiotics by then, so I can hopefully get back in the swing of things like they were before surgery.

Looking forward to that!

5 comments:

  1. That's fantastic about the tickets! Here in Central Florida I am sure we would have been told that we're out of luck.

    Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY on the tickets!! Hope you're feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got the ticket thing straightened out. We were going to go to the same place last week with friends who were visiting from Europe, but my DH had to work late and we had to miss out.
    One of the little girls who was visiting had her picture taken with the cast, which was exciting for her, and everyone said they had a wonderful time.
    This marks the 10th year in a row that I've somehow managed to miss going, but hope springs eternal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know...it's not too late to go. The season stops the end of September. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)