Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Friday, December 3, 2010

What does a snail say when it's riding on a turtle's back?

The netbook wouldn't work at the hospital last night. It was quite frustrating. I wasn't going to post much, but I was going to post something. And who knows? Maybe it was just Blogger that wasn't working. I couldn't get it to work from my phone, either. It may have been a drug induced post, but it would have indeed been a post. Oh well. I gave myself permission to miss a post or two, right?

I'm home now, so Blogger is working. Yay Blogger!

I'm a bit souped up on Percocet right now. It works wonders for the pain, but I hate what it does to my head. I would not be a good drug addict at all. Good thing, considering I've been on so many different pain meds recently.

I have to say that I am so thrilled that Susan from Ami.Mental. tie dyed a night gown for me. Those hospital gowns are horrid and horribly cold, and I was able to put my night gown on and keep my shoulders and neck warm. It helped so much! I will forever be grateful! Oh. And the walks around the floor I was on were much more comfortable with the nightie versus one (or even even two) of those gowns. I loved that it went so far down my legs that I didn't have to worry about flashing anyone! It made for a much more comfortable stay, and I appreciate the love that went into making it. The other patients and the staff loved it, too.

I am at the point I'm having a rough time staying awake again. It's rather frustrating, but I'm so thrilled to be home. I think I'm going to go take a nap.

Oh. You're wondering about about the answer to the riddle?

Scroll down...


A little bit further now....


And a little bit further than that...


Come on. You can do it......


"Wheeeeeeeee!"

My life as a snail may be a bit slower paced than others, but I कैन, and दो, still have fun. :)

8 comments:

  1. Glad you're back and feeling, well, OK. You'll only feel better and better as the days move along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are home and on the mend.Cute joke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thrilled that things went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear the surgery went well and now you are home. Rest well. You'll be back to writing in no time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally a joke from the internet I can tell my kids. :) Glad your home... get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for being home! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so happy to 'see' you tonight.
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan tie-dyed you a nightgown? So sweet. I just love her.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)