Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

At a standstill.

I'm not sure what's going on with my health. I may have another infection from my surgery. I've been pretty worthless the last several days.

I went to bed at 9 last night. Woke up at 5 to get the girls off to school and went back to bed at 7. I didn't wake back up until 11, and I could have slept several more hours, but I had to go to the school for Scooter's staffing.

The doctor wants me to take pain meds tomorrow and rate my pain level on a scale of 1 to 10 and chart it. I already know it's worse when I am on my feet for more than 5 minutes or so. So I have a feeling I'll be sleeping a bit tomorrow. Pain meds usually knock me for a loop, which means I can't think straight to do paperwork, work on my blog or sew.

I'm at a standstill.

I don't want to be.

3 comments:

  1. I understand.

    Hang in there. You'll get better, and be back bigger than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending good thoughts your way... and keep me informed, okay?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me a sad panda. But I'm sure you'll feel better sooner than you think. :]

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)