Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Somebody else told my story.

Well, technically, it's her story. But she describes so much of what I felt the night our middle daughter was born. It brought back so many incredible memories. It's a beautiful story. You can read it here. I hope you take the time. You will feel richer for having done so. It's a story of a little baby named, Nella, who was born a couple of weeks ago with Down Syndrome. It's a beautiful, beautiful story.

Normally, I won't have the time to go blog surfing, but there's nothing I can do physically right now. The steroids are kicking in a little, but I'm back on nebulizer treatments and antibiotics. My lungs sound like a percolator. I'm hoping to be back to my dehoarding in a few days. In the meantime, I've been trying to uncover some of the reasons behind my hoarding issues. I think I'm getting somewhere.

It gives me hope that I will eventually make it to the other side.

3 comments:

  1. Man, I hope you're getting better ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mama i can't call ya right now cuz i'm crying after reading nella's story. used damn near a whole box of tissue. we'll talk later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks BN. I'll get there. :)

    Anonymous daughter #1...I'm glad we talked. :) And I'm so glad that you're #2 & #3's big sister! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)