Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

What motivates me.

When I find something that I like, I tend to tell my friends about it. If I find something I love, I tend to tell anyone who is willing to listen all about it. I believe in word of mouth advertising. And while I know a lot of bloggers do reviews to make a little extra cash, (good for them!), I am receiving nothing for it. I just want to spread the word about a couple of things I have come to love...

For our anniversary last year, Hubster got me a Kindle Fire. It arrived the day we left to visit Mom before her open heart surgery, and it stayed in my suitcase for a few weeks before I felt I had the time to spend familiarizing myself with it. Once I did get a chance to play with it a bit, I was still so busy that there were days I didn't even pick it up. 

Fast forward to the present day, and I find that I use it all. the. time. In fact, it is rare a day goes by without me using it, and Hubster uses it every night when he walks on the treadmill, as well.

At first, I used it mainly for playing games or checking the occasional recipe online. I used it to look up a movie here and there for the girls to watch, but what I found it most useful for is watching television shows on Amazon Prime while I'm on the treadmill or even doing dishes and laundry. I am in love.

Once I got through Sherlock, one of many amazing BBC series, I laughed my way through Arrested Development, which I'd never gave a second glance when it was on TV, and I got COMPLETELY hooked on Fringe, a sci-fi series that boggles the mind. It is amazing, has funny, quirky characters, and can't wait for Hubster and Bugster to both get caught up on it, so we can watch the current/last season together. It will be awhile, since Bugster just started watching it today, and Hubster still has 2 of the 4 seasons to go, but I'm dying to see what comes next and how they end the series. I put it toward the top of the list of my favorite shows. 

While I'm waiting for Bugster and Hubster to catch up, I'm thoroughly enjoying some of the other BBC series that I never even knew about before getting the Kindle. I highly recommend Little Dorrit, Tess of the D'ubervilles, Cranford, Lark Rise to Candleford and Downton Abbey to anyone who enjoys historical fiction. 

The great thing is that I'll likely never run out of shows to watch while I'm on the treadmill. By the the time I get to the point of walking for a couple of hours at a time, I can always watch some of the movies that are offered as well. Add the free audio book rental each month as well as free 2-day shipping on most items, I think Amazon Prime is a really good fit for us. 




1 comment:

  1. LOVE my Kindle. My Mom bought it for me last Christmas... can't tell you how much I love it. And I'm not even watching TV shows on it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)