Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's that time of year again.

Time to make pinatas!

I've been up to my elbows in papier mache paste today working on a pinata for another nephew who is getting married soon. He's always been a huge fan of Mario Bros, so I'm making a Mr & Mrs Yoshi for them. He will be blue. She will be pink. And they will both be adorned in wedding attire. It will be interesting to see how they turn out.

I'm also contemplating making one for Hopper for school. This is her last year, since she'll be 21 in the Fall, but she's not going to walk for graduation. She has a severe social anxiety disorder, and I think she's have a heart attack waiting for her name to be called. Then she'd likely have a major meltdown, and she'd never make it up and across the stage. So she will quietly end her school career, and I'll send out graduation announcements to close friends and family explaining the situation and that she would love to get a note in the mail from them.

It's sort of a hard situation to figure out how to handle. I am not even sure what sort of an announcement I'll send out. But the occasion does need to be marked in some way. And I will be calling the school tomorrow to ask, if I can make a pinata for the class to commemorate Hopper moving on. If I can, I'm going to have to hustle, since school ends in the next couple of weeks.

My mind is getting sort of fuzzy from some pain medicine I had to take for my back, so I think I'll stop writing while I'm still sort of making sense. 

That is, if I'm making any sense at all. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice idea. Too bad she wont be able to attend her graduation, but better that she doesn't wind up upset and stressed just for tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous that you can make it extra special for her, even if it's in a non traditional way. :)

    Love the idea for the wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)