Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Untitled. Because once again I'm too tired to think of a title.

:::::raising hand:::::


I'm still here. 

Still making progress.

Still dehoarding. 

But I think I may have overdone things yesterday. I've had pain off and on in my elbows since I was on the antibiotic I took for the post-op infection in my incision a few weeks ago. But I'm having a lot of pain in my right elbow today. I'm pretty sure it's tendinitis, so I'm going to have to take it easier over the next several days.


I have so much I want to blog about, but I just haven't been able to find the time. It seems every time I find the time to blog I sit down to the keyboard only to fall asleep.

Mom is still here and still helping me out. I can't get over how much we've gotten accomplished since she's been here. I will forever be grateful for her help. And I will store all the wonderful memories we've made together in my heart to pull out in the future when I need a smile.

Yesterday, I got the inside of Hopper's closet repainted. The bottom third of it had to be replaced when the basement flooded right at 2 years ago, and although it had been fixed, it still needed painted. The flood also loosened several tiles in the closet, so I got those replaced yesterday as well. 

Hopper will be back in her bedroom this weekend. I should be able to finish it all up tomorrow. The sorting is done. I have a few empty boxes to take out to the trash and some clothes to put away. Other than that the floor needs scrubbed, the baseboards need to be installed, and we need to spray well for spiders. Hopper should be able to sleep in her room tomorrow night.


I'd like to update more, but the typing is getting to me. 

I'll be back soon for more than a weekly update.

5 comments:

  1. Love hearing from you! Glad you're being so productive, but really take it easy with that tendonitis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how you'd been. :) It'll be so nice for your daughter to be back in her room. I just know how nice it is you have one's own space back. -J

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent progress. take a break and rest those arms so we can find out what happens next. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)