Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Got Milk? I Wish!

You know what they say...."When God closes a door, He opens a window."? Let me just say that God is amazing!

The 3 weeks since Hubster was laid off have been...well...good. 

Hubster applied for a job the Monday after he was laid off and got the job. It was quite the pay cut compared to what he was making before, since he has to start over from scratch, but we'll manage. We're just very thankful that he already has a job and that he's working for someone who values him and his work ethic. In fact, the new boss has been trying to get him to come to work for him for years, so it's a really good fit.

It's also a lot less stressful a work environment than what he's been dealing with for the last 13 years. As a result, it's the least stressed I've seen my husband in years. The result of him being less stressed out translates into the girls being less stressed, and an extension of that is that I'm less stressed, too. It's as though a huge boulder has been lifted from our shoulders.

There's been other stressful stuff happening around the homestead that I can't talk about on my blog. It doesn't involve anything with any of us, but it has affected our lives. Thankfully, it's mostly resolved. Only time will tell how it ends in the long run, but we're hopeful that justice will be served.

I had to start on a second antibiotic for the strep, since the first one didn't take care of it like it should have. I am finally starting to regain my health, but I really wish I hadn't had to take this other antibiotic. It makes me hurt from head to toe. I found out that dairy can apparently exacerbate the reaction. This must be a new warning. I'd never seen it before this prescription, and in fact, I have always taken it with a full glass of milk. :::insert eye roll here:::

Needless to say, I've stayed completely away from dairy. It's helped a lot. My arms haven't ached from my elbows to my fingertips this time, and my ankles have kept me up at night. However, this time my hips have really bothered me. And I've really, really, really missed milk. And cheese. And the occasional cup of ice cream. 

I'm going to stay off dairy for a bit longer just to make sure the antibiotic has time to pass through my system a bit more before starting it up again. I don't want the hurt locker to become my home. 

So that's about it for an update. I'm hoping to get back into some sort of schedule of blogging, dehoarding, walking more regularly soon. I've been totally thrown off track with all that's been going on, but it's a process, and I will get there. 

I'm off to bed to dream of the Land of Milk and Cheese. 

Have a glass for me!



8 comments:

  1. Oggie, hang in there. Email me if you want to vent. ((hugs)) So HAPPY that he's working already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting ready to cut my route this month. This will also mean a cut in pay. Slowly I have been preparing for it, but it's happening about two months sooner than expected. Either way it will mean I get home about 40 to 1.5 hours earlier everyday. Which means more time for homework, dinner... a nap.

    I'll take less stress over more money most days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, Juli. There are days I'd pay for less stress!! :)

      I hope you are able to enjoy your extra time each day!

      Delete
  3. Glad your hubby found a good job, sometimes the pay is not worth the stress , hope things are better soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your hubby's new job! First time commenter, but i have really learned a lot about myself from reading your blog, so thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! Welcome to The Closet! I'm glad you were able to learn something about yourself. Learning is a life-long process, isn't it? :)

      Delete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)