Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A bushel and a peck.

Not much going on today.

Worked on painting the furniture on the back porch today. I decided to do black accents on the white furniture. I've always loved the contrast between bright white and a deep black. It's one reason I absolutely love how the tables turned out with the black bases and the white tops. I really do need to get pictures of them. The wooden knobs for the doors and drawers on the furniture I'm working on are now black. They're going to look great. Plus the furniture is all going to match the tables that are already done, and everything will have a more cohesive look. I'm looking forward to getting it all done.

I picked about a bushel and a half of apples today, too. It probably didn't help my back at all, but I've got to get them picked. The tree was swarming with squirrels and birds who were going to town on them trying to eat as many as they could stuff in their faces at once. They're just like little kids. They're not comfortable with eating one they've already tasted. They feel the urge to taste every single apple on the tree that they haven't already sampled. If we're going to have any apples to share with others or make applesauce, apple butter or pies with, I've got to get them picked. Either that, or I'm going to have to figure out a way to get the squirrels and birds to eat the ones that are already on the ground.

Ha. Like that's going to happen.

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't look like we're going apple picking this year, so I'm living through you. :) When you get a chance, hop on over, I left you some love. -J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are getting lots done. Funny about the birds,and squirrels, little rotters need to learn to clean up after thier dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)