Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Stress and the dreaded butt dial.

I have no idea what to write about tonight, so this will be short.

It's been a long day. My neck and shoulders have been killing me. I am not sure, if I just slept wrong, or if it's from the stress of all the meltdowns the last several days, or a combination of both. I think it would take a professional masseuse at least 1 hour a day for the next year to unkink all the knots in my neck and shoulders. Wouldn't it be nice to have enough money to hire someone to rub your neck, back and shoulders every single day? Sounds divine.

The other night, the home phone rang after 10p.m. It was my niece. She'd accidentally butt dialed me with her cell phone. Butt dialing someone really isn't that big a deal. Seriously. It happens. It's accidental. If it were intentional it would be another thing, but it wasn't. So no biggie.

However, she scared me to death when she called. It was after 10p.m., and calls after that late on the home phone in our house only mean one thing: trouble. I could tell she wasn't in any trouble, and I called out to her on the phone just in case she could hear me. She couldn't, which is pretty typical. And overall this isn't something that bothers me in the slightest, but I'm a little irritated. It won't affect our relationship, (I'm not *that* petty!), but I am a little miffed.

However, wouldn't you think it would warrant an apology since it was so late and late night calls have the tendency to induce panic? I'd have been satisfied with a text saying she was sorry, even, but I think it's a little arrogant on her part to not care at all how it affected someone else.

What is the etiquette when you butt dial someone late at night?

What would you do?

5 comments:

  1. I've never butt/pocket dialed anyone. However, once I did call my friend in my sleep and said, "WHERE'S MY PHONE?!?!? WHERE IS IT? Do you know where my phone is?" She thought I was drunk but knew I didn't drink. It was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that! Got a call last night from a private number at almost 1 am. I am pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think ,call back in the morning and say sorry ,its pretty simple ,but simple courtesy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually call them back and say sorry, although lately my phone has been accidently calling the hair salon, oops...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes you don't realize you've done it. I usually don't unless I happen to be looking at my call log or the person mentions it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)