Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm under attack.

Yesterday we turned the air conditioners for awhile in the afternoon, because it was just a bit too warm not to. Granted, they didn't get the workout they'd have gotten, if it had been 100°, but they still got a bit of a workout. But it was also the first time that we got an idea of how much of a difference the roller shade made in keeping the house cool.

Normally the kitchen/dining room area of the house are fairly warm compared to the rest of the house. And the bathroom right next door that also has a west facing window is usually a little bit warmer than the kitchen. When I walked into the bathroom yesterday when the house was at it's warmest, it was at least 15 degrees warmer than the kitchen.-

bn nyy66bv57ynh
nb
.by
.......................................................................................................yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-3
..

Our apologies. We interrupt this post due to a big fat hairy speedy spider crashing our mellow otherwise known as running across our desk, falling onto our keyboard, trying to hide under our keyboard to eat us at a later date and then falling quickly to the floor when we accidentally knocked the entire keyboard tray out of the desk and onto the ground knocking 3 keys out of the keyboard. Again. Our apologies. Including referring to ourselves in the plural and not erasing what our keyboard decided was a good thing to type when we had no control over it.

Now. Back to your regularly scheduled post:

Shoot. I've totally forgotten where I was going with this. I guess I'll just leave it at the fact that I noticed a huge difference in the temperature inside the house with the roller shade in the window. We'll likely be getting one for the bathroom, too.

I just hope I don't see speedy black hairy spiders when I close my eyes to go to bed tonight.

Crap.


3 comments:

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)