Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ramblings

I definitely overdid yesterday, but it was so worth getting the stuff done and out of here! However, I couldn't stand completely upright this morning. So after we got the kids off to school, I took another muscle relaxant and slept. I felt much better after waking up, and I've actually been able to get quite a bit of laundry done today. I have plenty more to do, but I'll do one last load before I go to bed just to get it out of the way.

I have to admit that when I've needed inspiration, I've gone in the girls' room a couple of times today. It proved to me I can do this. I'll be glad when more of my house is inspirational. It will be in time. I did take before pictures of the girls' room, and I will eventually post them. I'll probably end up posting 'after the after pictures', too. You know...after I've finally gotten around to painting the bedroom and getting it all dolled up like I have it in my mind.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. Our middle daughter has a physical in the morning. When we're done with that, we'll come back to the house and get her younger sister ready for her doctor appointment. She has a Mickey Mouse shaped mole on her thigh. We're of course hoping it's just that she has a couple of moles really close together instead of anything more serious. My brother had a malignant melanoma removed several years ago, and he's fine now, but that's some scary stuff!

It's off to bed for me. Beauty sleep does me no good, so I'll just opt for health sleep. :)

4 comments:

  1. Beauty sleep does no good? Ony because you are already a beautuful person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad also had a melanoma so I should probably get my skin checked again! I hope all was well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh looking forward to the pictures of the rooms. I hope everything is okay and it's just a mole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Fern...Flattery will get you everywhere! :D

    Portia...please do get checked!

    Thanks Sherry. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)