Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Monday, April 12, 2010

When laundry multiplies faster than rabbits.

I got quite a bit done today. I should be able to finish up the counter and the kitchen tomorrow. Considering the counter has been covered for the last 18 months or so, I'll be thrilled! I also did a few loads of laundry today, sorted even more to donate while I was drying dishes and putting them away, and even cleaned out and organized the freezer drawer. That freezer drawer has been driving me nuts, but I'm ever so glad it's done! Little bits of food in the bottom drive me nuts, and there were more than just a few bits.

I wanted to be asleep by now, but I've got to start another load of laundry as soon as the washer is done in a few minutes. I honestly don't mind doing laundry. I somewhat enjoy it. I just wish that there were times I could stay caught up for more than a day or two. It seems to breed with ferocity!

I have several loads to do in the next few days and so much more besides laundry I need to get done. I can't say what all I need to get done, just in case *she* is reading, but I'll do what I can. ;o)

3 comments:

  1. You are making great headway!!!

    Can't wait to see what 'else' you're working on :)

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind doing laundry either. I hang up the stuff that needs to be hung up, I fold the rest... and it sits in the laundry room.

    More than once I've considered just moving little drawers into the cabinets in the laundry room to store all my socks and underwear since everything else I wear is there... I could just dress in the kitchen. In front of the windows.
    Across the street from a school.

    On second thought, I guess not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our washing broke, not that long ago. It was out of order for exactly 32 hours. It quit on me at midnight Tues night and the repair man didn't come until Thurs. morning.
    First, there was a reason I was doing laundry at midnight!! I am never caught up!!
    Then, having a whole day where I couldn't do ANY laundry, that just added to the heaps!
    If you were to walk into my house at any given time, there's be piles of CLEAN clothes, waiting to be folded, on the couch.
    Then, the piles of dirty clothes are on the bathroom floor!
    Sigh...someday, my kids will be gone and my husband and I can just walk around naked--no need for clean clothes then! ( :

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)