Compulsive hoarding is a mental disorder that is just beginning to be understood. As a hoarder, I have acquired things over the years with a specific purpose in mind at the time of the acquisition, used some of those items for their intended purposes, forgotten the goal for different objects, but now that I find that they have outlived their purpose in my life I am struggling to rid myself of those same things.

You can read the start of my journey here.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'm done. Sort of.

Ok. My work on the insurance claim is done.

Finished.

Almost.

It's not for lack of trying.

I did.

It's not for lack of finishing the paperwork.

I did that, too.

It's because no matter how good an email client one has, they're just not built to handle close to 1GB of any sort of file. And this file is awfully darn close to 1 gig. If I were to keep trying to send this through email to the insurance adjuster, I'd have to send over 50 attachments.

Yeah. That's not happening.

We'd put it all on CDs, but we don't have a CD-R installed on the computer. We do, however, have a DVD-R that also writes CDs sitting in a box in the study waiting for the Reformat Fairy to do it's magic on the computer, so we can install it.

I don't know why I have such high expectations from these fictitious fairies. They never come through for me.

On the other hand...there's someone who always comes through...

Just got off the phone with the hubs. He'll be stopping at Walmart and picking up a jump drive to put everything on. He'll be dropping it off at the adjuster's office tomorrow on the way to work.

I will probably hold my breath until then.

I'm hoping it will keep me from coughing.

5 comments:

  1. WOW. That is unbelievable. Way to go, getting them done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting it ready to ship off!!! It had to have been a grueling project at best. I hate paperwork, and since I'm working on taxes and a 3-1/2 YEAR-old insurance claim, I can feel your relief.

    Well, actually, I wish I COULD feel your relief....

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hoo ! that close is done! Hope you can get rest and get over the cpugh

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're done with it.
    Now we can IM longer.

    :)

    Feel better soon. Glad you got the meds.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Closet. Feel free to take off your coat, hang it up, if you can find the space, and sit a spell. I just love your visits. :)